I admire Chris Martenson and subscribe to his service, Peak Prosperity. By looking at the empirical data, the guy became convinced that Peak Oil was real and significant and took action. He published his "Crash Course" and quit his lucrative day-job to spread his thinking.
I particularly admire his synthesis of two ideas:
- The fractional reserve financial system will collapse without continued economic growth.
- Peak Oil renders continued economic growth quite unlikely.
- THEREFORE, "Life as we know it will change.".
Now here's what I find interesting. Look at what he's been writing lately:
The guy has bought the Gold Antitrust Action Committee (GATA) thesis that "THEY" are manipulating the price of gold. The guy has mostly been writing about the financial system lately. The guy has always said that he'd follow the data where it led and this is where he is.
What does this mean? Well there are a bunch of possibilities, but I think it means:
- The data supporting gold manipulation is strong.
- Peak oil is showing up in the sharp reduction or absence of world economic growth and so that's what he's writing about.
- The financial system is really having trouble coping with that change and is resorting to all kinds of manipulations to keep itself from collapsing.