Denninger delivers another great scoop (where is the mainstream media?):
"CDC is now estimating that the novel H1N1 virus will be “Category 2” in severity. They are closely watching the situation in the Southern Hemisphere for validation of this estimate.
A category 2 pandemic has the following characteristics:
• Case fatality ratio of 0.1 percent to less than 0.5 percent.
• Between 90,000 and 450,000 deaths in the U.S. (compared with estimated 36,000 deaths during a typical influenza season).
• Excess death rate of between 30 to less than 150 per 100,000 people.
• Illness rate of between 20 and 40 percent.
• Similar to 1957 pandemic."
Seems like a big deal. Where is the mainstream media? Here's what trends.google.com has to say about media coverage of H1N1:
It says that the coverage is falling while the threat is growing. Another clear indication of why TV news ratings are in toilet, why the news papers are going bankrupt. Its a waste of time giving these guys any attention. You just can't count on these guys to cover what is important to the reader / watcher.